Sunday, July 20, 2008

One ride wonder

A week ago the west-coast retailer from where I bought the Scott Speedster S10 asked if I wanted a complete refund as Scott were taking too long to respond to the cracked frame issue. After much delibration, I accepted the offer and got my $1500 back. So, all that hassle and one good ride out of it. I've got a bad taste of Scott bikes in my mouth.

It's now time to get a replacement locally, and it won't be a Scott. To top that, Karma hit the Saunier Duval-Scott team in the 2008 Tour de France with the doping issue.

I'm looking for a bike with at least a Shimano 105 gruppo, and double (compact) crankset. Bikes coming to mind are:

Cannondale CAAD 9 5
Felt F85
Trek 2.3
Bianchi Via Nirone 7
Specialized Roubaix Compact

I'll be hitting the local bike shops in a couple of weeks.

No comments: